* 1 kg: Chicken
* 4 no: Big Onion
* 4 no: Tomato
* 20 pieces: Garlic
* 1 big piece: Ginger
* 2 tsp: Pepper
* 2 tsp: Cumin seeds
* 2 tsp: Fennel (Jeera)
* ¼ cup: Coriander Powder
* ½ small cup: Chilli Powder
* Cloves (lavangam) as required
* Tamarind as required
* Salt to taste
* 5 tsp: Oil
1. Wash the chicken and cut to pieces.
2. Mince garlic and ginger.
3. Powder pepper, cumin seeds and fennel together.
4. Fry the powders lightly and keep aside.
5. Season cloves in oil in a frying pan, add onion and tomato.
6. Sauté well adding minced garlic and ginger.
7. Add chicken with little turmeric powder and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Add chilli /coriander powders, salt and mix well.
9. Pour 4 cups of water and boil.
10. When chicken is half boiled, add the half fried pepper, cumin seed and fennel powder and mix well.
11. When the gravy thickens to a paste, remove from fire.
12. Serve hot.