Momo (Steamed Dumpling)
Ingredients (Makes 30 momos)
* 4 cups: Wheat flour
* 750 gm: Meat minces
* 2 no: Onion, chopped
* 1 thumb-sized: Ginger, finely chopped
* 1 Teaspoon: Salt
1. Mix well wheat flour with 2 cups of water and knead into a stiff paste, roll out on a floured board till it is very thin. The rolled dough should be about 2 feet square.
2. Cut in circle with the rim of tea cup.
3. Place a circle of dough on your left hand, slightly stretch the edges and place about a teaspoon of filling in the centre.
4. Then with your right thumb and forefinger pleat the dough together over the centre of the meat, forming a pin-wheel design. Your left thumb is used to tuck the minced meat down as you go, and the dumpling turns on your palm as you pleat around it. A special steamer locally called moktu is required.
5. Filled up dumplings are placed on oiled racks, slightly separated in the moktu.
6. Bottom of the moktu is filled with water and steam the dumplings for 20-25 min.
7. Momo is ready to serve hot.
8. Momo is eaten with meat/vegetable soup, and tomato achar.